A Christmas List for Family and Friends
How do we meaningfully celebrate Christmas when the world is in total chaos?
1 Thessalonians 3:9-13
1) Make a list of the most important people in your life.
And then - before the holidays are over - make it a point to do two things:
1) Thank God for bringing them into your life.
2) Tell them how much they mean to you.
2) Make a list of intangible gifts you can give to each one.
What does this person need the most?
What can I say to them?
What can I do for them?
How can I give them a lift?
3) Make a "wish list" for each one, and share that list with them and with God.
I use the "wish list." What I really mean is prayer list.
Paul is saying , "What I want for you, dear friends, is that you grow in love, and strength, and holiness."
If you'll take the time to pray for the people in your life, two things will happen.
1) You'll strengthen that person.
2) You'll strengthen your relationship with that person.
Most importantly don't forget about Jesus this Christmas, and your relationship with him.